What are cookies?
Cookies are small text files that are downloaded and saved on the user’s terminal (computer/smartphone/tablet) when accessing specific websites and that allow the website to register your navigation preferences and to facilitate navigation, making the website and the user’s interaction faster and easy.
The information saved by the cookie is anonymous and does not hold any sensitive information (such as name, address or banking data) as the data collected cannot identify the user.
Types of cookies used:
Own cookies: These let the website function properly, making the cookies essential in order to access all the website’s options and to navigate easily.
Third party cookies: These cookies analyze the user’s behavior on the Website and launch behavioral publicity depending on the navigation history on the site.
How to disable cookies:
Most navigation operators allow to adjust the cookie preferences, in order to monitor privacy closely.
The following links show the cookie deactivation instructions in each navigator:
- Internet Explorer (http://goo.gl/vFM6gb)
- Under tools, select “Internet options”.
- Click on the Privacy tab.
- You will be able to select privacy controls with six positions to establish the amount of cookies that can be installed: block all cookies, high, medium-high, medium (defect level), low, and allow all cookies.
- Mozilla Firefox (http://goo.gl/QXWYmv)
- On the upper window of Firefox, select “Tools.”
- Select “Options”.
- Click on the Privacy tab.
- Under the Firefox options you can select to customize your history settings to control more options.
- Google Chrome (http://goo.gl/fQnkSB)
- Click on the menu in the tool bar.
- Select “Settings”.
- Select “Advanced Options”.
- Under “Privacy”, select “Content settings”.
- Under “Cookies”, you can set your option preferences.
- In the settings menu, select “Preferences”.
- Open the privacy tab.
- Select the “block cookies” option.
- Remember that some functionalities and full function of the website may not be available after unabiling cookies.
If you wish to not be tracked by cookies, Google has developed an installation complement in your search bar that can be accessed in the following link: http://goo.gl/up4ND.
Cookies on your mobile device:
The website www.icpuk.uk also applies cookies and other hosting devices on mobile devices. In this case, navigators on such devices, as can be done on the computer, provide options or adjustment to disable o eliminate cookies.
If you wish to modify privacy options, please read the instructions provided by the navigator developer on your mobile device.
Below are some samples of links that will help you modify the privacy options on your mobile device:
Windows Phone: (http://goo.gl/Rx8QQ)
Chrome Mobile: (http://goo.gl/XJp7N)
Opera Mobile: (http://goo.gl/Nzr8s7)
Please be informed that, in the case of clocking or not allowing cookies, certain services may not be available without cookies or certain services may not be accessed, limiting the use and benefits of the website.